Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Where do I call home? Hillsboro, Oregon


I wanted to connect with The Influence Network link up about where I am from. Its a small story, not one with a lot of fuss or excitement, but one that has brought me and my little family to a place we call home.

I lived in Reno, Nevada until 4th grade, then moved to Portland, Oregon. Hubby has lived in Hillsboro (a little farm town-turned suburb outside Portland) since he was little. We both went outside the city for college and spent most of our teen years in the Portland area. When we got married, we wanted to leave town, maybe go to a whole new state and try something different. Hillsboro is the furthest we got! My husband started volunteer fire fighting in Hillsboro, so we ended up staying longer than we wanted. Now I am in love with this little town. We live downtown where we walk to the farmers market every weekend, hit-up my neighborhood starbucks like its my day job (which it kind of is now that I stay home with the baby...) and know our neighbors as friends. We're a good 1/2 hour from family, but its home to us and a place we will most likely stay for a while.

Thanks for listening to my first ever link-up!

5 comments:

  1. It's great to "meet" you, Lindsay! My extended family lives in Salem, and we love Oregon! It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a lovely place! I haven't been that far north on the west coast, but I hope to someday :) ps. your son is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds sweet! Nice to "meet" you

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I grew up and currently live in California, but I lived in Tigard for a year while doing seminary at George Fox. It's fun to see cities in the link up that I'm actually familiar with ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oregon is so beautiful! I just love all the green! (coming by from the linkup!)

    ReplyDelete