Tuesday, March 19, 2013

woah, daddy



One of the best things I have done in my life is snagging my catch of a husband. Really- without him I wouldn't be living this wonderful life, with this wonderful baby who has stolen my heart. Paul has always been a great husband to me and I honestly consider myself incredibly lucky. He is a better person than me- no doubt. He is kind, loving, patient, never raises his voice, laughs with his whole heart, and really cares about people. He makes me laugh on a daily basis. Every time we get gas he buys coffee or gatorade for the attendant. He even knows that the gas station attendant we see most often had a trip planned to Mexico- but it was canceled because he and his wife split up. Who knows those intimate details about a man you see three or four times a month? It always amazes me. And of course I am sitting in the car saying "come on, Paul! We're running late!" He gently reminds me that no where we are going is worth missing the chance to love on someone. What a good man. 

But- I think more than anything- Paul is an amazing dad. I fell in love with him ten times more when I watched his hovering over a crying Henry as the nurse changed his diaper in the hospital, knowing he could do it better. He loves this kid. He is constantly taking time to throw him in the air. He gets the best giggles out of Henry before bed time! I love that my son really knows his dad. When Henry was a newbown, Paul would burp him and cuddle, and when I would come down from my 5 minute shower or finally brushing my teeth that day and reach for my sweet baby, Paul would literally not give him to me! It was his turn and he was taking full advantage of the sweet moments he got with his brand new son. He really is such a joy to Paul, and that warms my heart. So even more than Paul being the husband of my dreams- he is the father I know Henry is blessed to have. I am overjoyed to see how this relationship continues to grow. I know it will include countless trips to Home Depot, lots of wrestling and rough play moms just don't understand and baseball games galore. Now I am left to wonder just how much trouble they will get in together....

No comments:

Post a Comment